Criminal Defense Attorney in Hillsboro, Oregon
Oscar Garcia has been working as a defense attorney since 1995. His first job out of law school was as a trial attorney for the Metropolitan Public Defenders Office in the Washington County Section. There, Oscar represented individuals charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses. While working at Metropolitan Public Defender, Oscar gained extensive experience in trying cases to a jury. At the end of 1998, Oscar left to start his own private practice in Hillsboro, Oregon. He specializes in criminal defense and has handled a wide variety of cases throughout the courts of the State of Oregon and in the United States Federal District Courts of Oregon.
- University of Oregon, School of Law, Eugene, Oregon. J.D., Law, 1995.
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana. B.B.A., M.I.S., 1991.
- State of Oregon.
- United States Federal District Court, District of Oregon.
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- United States Supreme Court, Washington, D.C.
- State Bar of Oregon.
- Washington County Bar Associations; Board member 2007.
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Adjunct Visiting Instructor, 2011, University of Oregon, School of Law.
- Unlawful Practice of Law Committee member, Oregon State Bar, 2008 to Present. Committee Secretary, 2010. Chairman Elect 2011.
- Advisory Attorney, Criminal Law matters, Consulate of Mexico, Portland Office, 2010 to present.
- Oregon State Bar Leadership College, 2007.
- Oregon State Bar Mentor Program.
- Spanish Language Legal Network Directory, Editor and production coordinator.
- Served as a Commissioned Officer in United States Army and Oregon National Guard, 1991-1998.
A Spanish Speaking Attorney
- Oscar is a bilingual Lawyer that can read, write and speak Spanish fluently.